This Healthy Protein-Powder Cookie Dough requires only 5 simple ingredients and is gluten-free, paleo/vegan friendly and ready in 5 minutes! It packs 20g of protein so eat the whole bowl!
PIN Healthy Protein Powder Cookie Dough
After a LONG day of testing fancy recipes and making said recipes look EXTRA fancy and yummy, I usually don’t actually FEEL like eating fancy “grown-up” food like a bowl of vegan coconut curry with sweet potato noodles or low-carb whole30 paleo salmon cakes, or something like that.
I meannnnnn, I’m not over here wasting food or anything, so we DO eat whatever I made that day for dinner but, if I have an off day, my food diary might feature Easy Cinnamon Roll Gluten Free Low Carb Keto Protein Pancakes, Cookie-Dough Almond Butter, and THIS Cookie Dough.
Why You Will LOVE This Recipe
- My soul longs to eat like a five-year-old. NOT MAD ABOUT IT. This recipe is for you if your soul longs to eat like a five-year-old, too.
- Mr. FFF and I both agreed that it kinda tastes like a mix between chocolate chip cookie dough and birthday cake flavored cookie dough.
- This cookie dough is made of 5-6 ingredients (depending what you have on hand) and comes together in only 5 MINUTES. Plus, you get the snacking satisfaction of eating the WHOLE bowl of it.
- We’re answering the age-old question of how to use protein powder, so it’s also packing 20g of protein, depending on what protein powder you use. Don’t be alarmed or anything, but I can see your muscles GROWING through the SCREEN. RIGHT NOW.
- 5 tbsp vanilla protein powder, of choice
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp butter extract
- 1/2 tbsp dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the protein, coconut flour and sea salt.
- Add the applesauce, almond milk and butter extract. Stir until fluffy and mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- DEVOUR right away, or chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes!
More Gluten Free Recipes
We have TONS of gluten free recipes on Food Faith Fitness! Explore them all in our gluten free Library!
I’ve gone for chocolate chips in mine because it is supposed to resemble chocolate chip cookie dough but that doesn’t mean you have to go the same route. You can replace the chocolate chips or add these ingredients to your cookie dough.
- Nuts: Chop up some almonds or pecans for that crunch you know I love.
- Dried fruit: Cranberries, raisins, or chopped apricots can add natural sweetness and a chewy texture.
- Spices: Adding spices, such as cinnamon or nutmeg, will give it such a warm aroma.
- Sweeteners: Maple syrup or honey is a natural way to add sweetness.
- Peanut butter: Adding a spoonful of creamy or crunchy peanut butter will give it a subtle nuttiness and increase the protein intake. I would recommend the all-natural stuff. Just peanuts.
Yes! Well, you’re not SUPPOSED to do anything except eat it but I personally think you should RESIST the urge to eat this immediately and let this cookie dough chill for at least 5 minutes in the fridge, before you shovel it into your cookie-monster face. It makes this cookie-dough-eating experience more authentic. Just don’t leave it too long, as it dries out quickly.
Protein powders can vary significantly across brands. The one I use requires 5 tablespoons, but I’ve had readers say they only needed 5 tsp. So, you may need to play with this!
How To Store Protein-Powder Cookie Dough
I don’t actually suggest you store this one. One of the things I love about it is that you get the satisfaction of eating the ENTIRE THING in one sitting. What’s more, it dries out quickly so any storage is going to have an adverse effect on the taste and texture of the cookie dough. If you simply must store it, put it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. But eat it soon. The longer it stays in there, the less enjoyable it is going to be when you get around to finishing it off.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Healthy Protein Powder Cookie Dough
- 5 Tbsp Vanilla protein powder, of choice (30g) *
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (6g)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk (optional but recommended)
- 1/4 tsp Butter extract (optional but recommended)
- 1/2 Tbsp Dairy Free Mini chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, whisk together the protein, coconut flour and sea salt.
Add in the applesauce, almond mil and butter extract. Stir until fluffy and mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
DEVOUR right away, or chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes!
This cookie dough is best eaten right away as it does dry out quickly
Calories from Fat 51
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(Based off whey protein – could vary depending on your protein powder)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
The post Healthy Protein-Powder Cookie Dough (In 5 Minutes!) appeared first on Food Faith Fitness.