|Speak Up by Mimmo Rotella|
I wanted to let those of you who don’t already know that Richard C. Miller, founding president of the iRest Institute, has resigned from the iRest Board of Directors and stepped away from teaching at iRest Institute events for “an undetermined amount of time” after sexual harassment accusations made in 2012 against him by an employee of his organization were recently made public. He has also committed to immediately begin taking ethics and sensitivity training.
- Overhaul our Board of Directors
- Reform our Ethics Committee and strengthen our ethics procedures
- Redesign our programming
- Enable and prioritize a diversity of thought, perspective, and influence
- Re-evaluate and update Human Resources (HR) procedures
- Strengthen and maintain an ethically informed and mission-driven organizational culture