These Easy Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Brownies come together in less than an hour and are SO dense and chewy! Paleo friendly, healthy and SO tasty!
PIN Easy Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Brownies
You can just go ahead and call me the QUEEN of brownie recipes. I have a whole selection of them here on the blog- take healthy greek yogurt brownies or protein low carb keto brownies, for instance. I even have an instant pot brownie recipe, for goodness sake!
But right here. RIGHT NOW. You can get these EASY gluten-free brownies!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
- Today’s gluten- and dairy-free brownies are absolutely delicious, made with better-for-you ingredients, AND they cater to those in your crew who may have food allergies or dietary preferences.
- They are perfectly dense and chewy with just the right amount of sweetness and are oh-so-fudgy. Try them out and you won’t be disappointed!
- This is for you parents whose child didn’t tell you that you had to bring a dessert to school that VERY day, so you had to drive all the way to the store to buy a BOXED mix and the whole ordeal ended up taking over an hour, when you REALLY could have made (better!) brownies FROM SCRATCH in under an hour.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk (so, you will need 2 eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line the bottom of an 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat the sugar and oil just until the sugar is moistened. Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and beat until JUST combined, only about 20 seconds or so. You don’t want to beat too much air into the batter or the brownies will sink when cooking.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl and stir (by hand) until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan. It is VERY thick so I found using VERY lightly damp hands to work the best. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 26-28 minutes.
More Gluten Free Recipes
We have TONS of gluten free recipes on Food Faith Fitness! Explore them all in our gluten free Library!
The Secret for Chewy Brownies
OK, friends, so I have a trick for this recipe that results in the most CHEWY gluten-free dairy-free brownies you’ll ever have! Once you pull the brownies from the oven, let them cool on the counter for about 5 minutes. Then, place a hot pad in the fridge and place the pan on the hot pad. Cool your brownies in the fridge for 45 minutes, then remove and voila! The chewiest brownies are yours to devour! Do not cool them longer than 45 minutes, though, as they may start to dry out after that point.
For this brownie recipe, I used almond flour. I don’t recommend switching it out for coconut flour, as the two flours have very different properties and the brownies likely won’t turn out well.
Contrary to what it sounds like, cocoa powder (and cocoa butter!) SHOULD be dairy-free. Just make sure you buy a brand that is labeled 100% Cocoa and check the ingredients to make sure it doesn’t say “traces of dairy” if you are highly sensitive/allergic to it!
The trick to chewy brownies is to cool them in the fridge! They are dense, fudgy, and oh-so tasty!
Yes, you can substitute Truvia for the coconut sugar.
How To Store Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Brownies
I recommend storing your cooled, sliced brownies in the fridge for 1-3 days in an airtight container. They will also keep great in the freezer in an airtight container or freezer-safe, resealable bag for up to 3 months.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies with Tahini
Paleo Coconut Flour Brownies with Almond Butter
Protein Low Carb Keto Brownies
Mediterranean Low Carb Broccoli Salad
Easy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour (150g)*
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Dairy-free mini chocolate chips (46g)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of an 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a separate medium bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat the sugar and oil just until the sugar is moistened. Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and beat until JUST combined, only about 20 seconds or so. You don’t want to beat too much air into the batter or the brownies will sink when cooking.
Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl and stir (by hand) until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Press the batter into the prepared pan. It is VERY thick so I found using VERY lightly damp hands to work the best. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 26-28 minutes.
Let cool completely before slicing.**
**The key to super chewy and dense brownies is to cool them fast so they stop cooking. I cool mine on the counter for 5 minutes. Then, I place a hot pad in the fridge and cool them in there for 45 minutes. Don’t cool them in the fridge longer or they will dry out.
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Click here now and I’ll send this to you in Messenger!
Calories from Fat 80
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per brownie, based on the recipe making 16)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
The post Easy Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Brownies appeared first on Food Faith Fitness.