Kids Yoga Poses: Flower Pose
Flower pose is a crowd pleaser when working with children.
While it requires core strength and balance, learners can practice safely with a few safety tips.
Safety Tips for Flower Pose
- Children might roll all the way back when they balance on their bottoms. Therefore, making sure there is nothing behind them is key.
- If the children are on a yoga mat, bring them to the front of the mat and make sure the back of the mat has no furniture or other things they can bump into
How to do flower pose
- Sit up tall and place the bottoms of your feet together.
- Bring your hands under your ankles and grab onto them.
- Lift your heart up tall to feel your belly strong.
- See if you can lift your feet off the ground and balance on your bottom.
- After blossoming into a flower, rest your legs back down.
Mantra: “I GROW FROM SEED TO FLOWER”
Benefits of flower pose:
- Improves balance and vestibular development
- Fun and playful
- Improves hip flexibility
- Inspires the appreciation of nature
- Promotes long, strong spine.