Satisfy your sweet tooth with this vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie! So smooth and creamy, and no dairy needed! SO easy to make!
Why you will LOVE This Smoothie
You wanna know what one of the BEST flavor pairings in all creation is? Drumroll please…. BANANAS AND PEANUT BUTTER! We ALL know that these two are a match made in heaven and together, they are magic. We love them in banana peanut butter overnight oats recipe with almond milk and you can’t go wrong with easy peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies, either! Today, I have the most creamy, dreamy healthy chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie that you and your WHOLE crew are going to love. It’s made with healthy ingredients, has the perfect amount of sweetness to kick that craving, and is loaded with the goodness of protein to keep your body full and energized! There’s so much to love about this delicious smoothie recipe!
Blending up your own banana peanut butter and chocolate smoothie at home is more simple than you might think and only calls for a handful of healthful and tasty ingredients! Here’s the rundown on everything you will need to make this smoothie:
- Large Ripe Bananas, cut into coins and frozen
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
How to make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend, on low speed, until everything is combined and smooth.
Pour into a glass and use a straw, if desired. Slurp up!
Top Tips for making Creamy Smoothies
- Frozen Fruit: Using frozen banana is the best for this recipe because it creates a colder, creamier texture for your finished smoothie! It also makes the entire smoothie colder which I think ALWAYS makes it taste better!
- Add Slowly: When it comes to adding the liquid to your chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie, I recommend going slowly. This will ensure that everything gets mixed thoroughly and that it is super creamy.
- Scrape down the sides: As you blend on a low speed, be sure to stop now and then to scrape the sides down. This will ensure that everything gets mixed evenly into the smoothie and that it turns out as creamy as possible!
This smoothie is already extremely healthy and is made with whole, simple ingredients to create amazing flavor and texture while also having great health benefits! You can totally add in some other ingredients to suit your needs and preferences! Here are a few ideas:
- Protein Powder: If you want to up the protein to make it a chocolate peanut butter banana protein smoothie, simply add a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder to the blender and blend away!
- Chia Seeds/ Flax Seeds: Both chia and flax seeds will add fiber and substance to your smoothie, making it go a little further and keeping you full and energized for even longer.
- Spinach: A handful or 2 of the superfood spinach will up the iron and fiber in your smoothie, making it even healthier than it already was. Plus, spinach doesn’t have a strong taste so it won’t alter the peanut butter banana goodness that you have going on.
- Cauliflower Rice: Similar to spinach, cauliflower rice won’t alter the taste of your smoothie too much, but it will add a bit more substance to make it go further and keep you full!
more recipes you’ll love:
- banana split vegan smoothie bowl
- vegan coconut milk smoothie with strawberries
- banana foster smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 Large very ripe bananas, frozen and cut into coins
- 1 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond mik
- 3 Tbsp Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
Place all the ingredients and blend on a low setting, stopping to scrape the sides as needed, until smooth and creamy.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!